Coaches and Parents
As camp is approaching, there are a few things that I am required to get from each Coach the first day of camp. I need the following: I need each coach to give me at registration a complete Roster of each camper, with updated physicals and certificate of immunizations in the order of your Roster.
1. Every camper must provide an updated physical (within the last 12-24 months ) and certificate of immunizations. If any of the campers do not have these forms by the first day of camp, they will be unable to participate and will be sent home immediately. I will definitely work with you as I know some of your tryouts are very late. The school nurse should have all physicals and immunizations on file and I am sure you can get copies from them. Coaches will not need to provide me their physicals or certificate of immunization as I just received a new ruling that volunteer coaches do not need to provide them.
2. All permission slips can be brought to registration on the first day of camp. This also includes the participant waiver form, the chaperone waiver form, as well as the college waiver form.
3. All coaches who will stay overnight are considered by the State of Massachusetts as volunteers, MUST have SORI and CORI checks, which will be done by myself, as I have just been certified as a CORI/SORI administrator. I will need everyone’s full name plus the last six digits of their social security number and copy of their driver’s license to be able to do these checks. I have made up two new forms, the CORI Acknowledgement Form and the Personal Information Form. Please fill these out and send them back to me through email. Please try to scan your driver’s license and email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 617-735-9885. I need this information as soon as possible as these checks take time and the Public Health Department need to see them before any of my camps begin. I understand that you have already had these checks done for your other jobs, however we must do our own checks as part of our own requirements.
4. Every parent whose child takes prescriptions, must fill out the attached forms and note which prescription their child is taking, the dose, time, etc. On the first day of camp, our certified athletic trainer will collect all prescriptions in the original bottle and lock them up in a safe area until the camper needs to take their daily prescription.
5. Every employee, including myself, will have the CORI/SORI checks by Varsity Spirits.
I understand that this puts a greater burden on you for collecting all these forms, but unfortunately the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is requiring every camp in the state to go through a licensing process to protect every child.
Please keep me posted if your numbers have changed or if for any reason you are not coming to camp. I have attached the parents’ manual, the prescription medication form, the participant release form, the coaches’ participant release form, the college permission slip, as well as CORI Acknowledgement Form and the Personal Information Form.
I have also attached the state guidelines for 430.090 Employment Background Information, 430.150 Health Records, 430.151 Physical Examinations by Physician and Certificate of Immunizations and 430.152 Required Immunizations. I will also be mailing out all of these forms sometime next week.